When they got home, Walker was so proud. He was grinning ear to ear when I opened the front door to welcome them home. The phone rang right as they were coming in and it was Jen, so as I said hello to her, he's screaming "DADA" because Cliff as pulling out his new shoes. Walker was pointing at them proudly to make sure I didn't miss Dada's new shoes! Still grinning ear to ear. I quickly got off the phone with Jen and Cliff pulled out Walker's new shoes, which Walker proudly showed off with loud squeals and smiles. Then he put them in his mouth, of course. What else are new shoes for???
It was evident that he'd had a really good time with Dada and that shoe shopping is to become a father/son tradition.
Cliff said that he was very excited to be back in Hibbetts and seeing all the balls. Despite his quite active state, Cliff was proud to report that the sales lady told him that Walker was the best behaved child they'd seen in the store today!! (wow...poor parents, because I know what Walker acts like in Hibbetts.) He IS his father's child. At least now, Cliff has someone to go with him and won't have to drag me in there everytime we go to Kroger. :) And...here are Walker's new shoes!!

The exciting part for me is that they are really velcro! Cliff's had a thing about Walker not wearing velcro shoes, but since these appear to lace up, they were acceptable. :) Walker modeled them proudly for me when he got home, then had a snack, bath, drank some milk and was off to bed like a sweet little man.
PS-I just did day 2 of The 30 Day Shred, which is a Biggest Loser DVD by Jillian Matthews. It's quite possible I won't wake up tomorrow morning. :) Gah. But...tonight was much easier than last night and I didn't expect that. A little encouragement. :)
3 comments:
Love the new shoes!!! Jamie's feet are huge too.
As to the 30 Day Shred, They have it on Comcast On Demand so I feel for you. haha. It is TOUGH! But yes, it DOES get better. It took me about 10 weeks of doing it & a kickboxing cardio class I take locally once a week to not hate myself... the key is to try to do it 2 or 3 days a week and STRETCH!!! Do WAY more stretching than the video (and stretch before bed too) and try to do some jumping jacks or run in place before the video to warm up your muscles. After 2 months of this, you will be a pro and start feeling SOOOO GOOD!!! I have all kinds of arm muscles now and my calves are looking sweet. Just stick to it and you will be all ready for swim suit season (Only a 2 months away - GASP!!! I better go work out now. haha)
Love the new shoes. Ryleigh just purchased some white and pink ones just like those --- aka the girl model.
I love love the Velcro because I thought when we tried them on I had to tie...n. So nice now compared to her old new balence's.
I like the new shoes. Yea for no tying laces. I do that enough all day long. I wish I could get all the parents of my classroom to buy these shoes for their kids!
Post a Comment