Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So THIS is what they mean...




...when they say, it only gets worse. Don't get me wrong I love every minute of carrying this precious cargo in my belly but I am seriously ready for him to arrive. My motives are purely selfless of course, I just want him to have more room. Ha ha...

The past few days have been a whirlwind of emotions and events. I had a wonderful shower on Saturday given by the girls in my Sunday School class. There were massive amounts of people there...over 60! I've never had a shower that big before. It was so great though and everything was perfect. We got lots of really useful and adorable stuff. Now that all the showers are over, I'm sorting through my stuff and dividing it up by phase...we have the guest room closet COMPLETELY full of clothes from 3 months up to 24 months and Walker's closet is currently housing newborn and 0-3 month clothing, plus diapers and all the other necessities. The room was so clean and organized until Saturday and now it looks like a tornado went through!

Cliff's been going on and on about how badly he wants Walker to have a jersey that matched his coaching jersey. Our friend Tonya didn't know this, but because she's so creative had one made anyway. It's just like Daddy's with the VM football emblem on the front and his name on the back. We can't wait to take him to the football games and let him match Daddy and cheer for his favorite middle school football team!
Monday at 4:20 A.M. Ii was jolted from a deep sleep by a very strong sting/bite. I jumped out of bed faster than I knew I could move these days and woke cliff up to look. We couldn't see a bump or anything but i knew something had gotten me b/c it was burning and stinging worse than any bite had before. It was on the underside of my belly so I couldn't see anything...
I went to the bathroom to pee and look in the mirror and cliff was searching the bed. He couldn't find anything. While I was in the bathroom I took my shirt off, just for comfort, and went back in the bedroom. We both searched through the blankets, around the bed, inside pillow cases, etc but found nothing.
Then I went back into the bathroom, picked up the shirt I was wearing and there was a scorpion in it. We haven't seen a scorpion in our house in over a year. Of course, my first thought was whether or not it could hurt the baby. We got on the internet and couldn't really find anything that satisfied me, so I decided to call labor and delivery and just ask them. I knew they'd be awake and midwife Patti wouldn't. Anyway, someone answered and turns out my friend Melissa had gotten called in and was sitting beside her, saw my name on caller id and took the phone. She called down to ER for me and they said that all GA scorpions are non poisonous but that they wanted me to call poison control to be on the safe side. So, Melissa gave me the number for that and I called them. They were very nice and said that I'd be fine and so would the baby. They did tell me to make sure that I didn't have an allergic reaction over the next 2 hours and that if I did to go to the ER but that it was no more harmful than a bee sting to most people.
Walker started moving around during all this and Ii don't think I've ever felt happier to feel him move at 4:30 am! I tried to go back to sleep before my alarm went off at 5:30 but I couldn't.


Last night we went to see Avery play wee ball and then to Mexican afterwards. We got home later than normal and I wasn't feeling well. Around 10 pm I started having pains in an indisclosed location that increased with time. I knew I wasn't having real contractions, though I did have some braxton hicks but I knew I wasn't officially in labor. However, I thought I might be on my way...no such luck. I finally dosed off around 3 am, got up at 5:30 and worked all day. My sweet husband was up with me alot of the night. He came into the bathroom to check on me, woke up and put his hand on my tummy when I was hurting so bad and snuggled up to me and also leaned over and nuzzled my head and kissed me at another point. I was just singing his praises all day long...turns out over dinner I find out he remembers none of this. :) I guess it's what you do in the subconscious that determines who you truly are and in my opinion, he's truly a prince. I love him so!
Well, I can't ever seem to make these things short...I'm off to dreamland now...hopefully. Who knows what might occur tonight?

No comments: