I'm so excited! It's the wee hours of Christmas Eve!! (I should go to bed...so I can wake up and celebrate the "normal" hours of Christmas Eve...) This is what our tree looks like right now. This is all our presents for our family, excluding mine and Walker's presents. :) Walker helped lots with the wrapping! Some presents have "pictures" and others have oodles of tape. :) Never a dull moment...at one point, he was sitting on my shoulders, as I sat criss-cross applesauce wrapping one of Aunt Christie's gifts.
Some funny things have happened too, and as usual, Walker is continuing to crack us up with his conversational pieces.
Sunday after church, we were driving to Wendy's for lunch. He knows we don't like for him to fall asleep in the car on Sundays because then he won't take a good Sunday nap. Well, at one point I looked in the rearview and noticed his eyes were closed, so I said to him "Wake up Walker..." and he didn't budge. So, Cliff and I were talking about how he'd never get a good nap in now...and neither would we. About a minute or so later we hear "I open my eyes!! I trick you!" It was soooo funny. The little booger knew exactly what he was doing. We laughed and laughed and laughed.
While we were wrapping presents yesterday, he grabbed the scissors and started to run with them. So, I had to raise my voice really loudly to get him to stop. Probably louder than he's ever heard me raise it before, because I typically don't "yell" at him...but I couldn't get up fast enough and it was necessary to get him to stop dead in his tracks. Well, he looked upset and so I apologized after I got the scissors and told him I didn't mean to yell at him, but that he could have gotten really hurt and he needed to mind mommy. So, in response he said "it's ok mommy, but I know what would make it all better." Then he said "maybe some Mountain Dew??" Ah ha! No sir! I didn't feel THAT bad!!
He wants to eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon these days. What? Anyway, this morning we were getting ready to go to Bojangles and he ran into the kitchen and got it and a spoon while we were getting dressed. He came into our room with it and said "I'm a peanut butter kid!" Well, yes he is I suppose...
In the car on the way to Bojangles we were on the road beside Cliff. We were in separate vehicles because we had different plans after breakfast. Walker got a kick out of seeing Cliff next to us. I asked him if he wanted to race daddy and he said "no way mommy...that light is red! We have to stop!" And so we did. :) Then we proceeded to "race" daddy when the light turned green and even though he was in MY car, he kept saying "Go, Daddy go!" I guess boys have to stick together...
In the truck on the way to Corn Dawg's the other night we were talking about who his best friend was. He told me I wasn't it (which I normally am) and then he proceeded to agree that Daddy and Stephen were his best friends. So, when I got to Crystal's name I said "how about Crystal?" and Walker said "how about NOT?" Ha ha ha ha ha. I really think that was just a slip of words and that he didn't mean to say it, but it could have been more perfect. We all laughed so hard. Walker said "I do it again!" Stephen said it was a good thing we had them in the truck because no one would believe that story. :)
We have the best conversations in the car-can you tell? We love car time-it's just full of quality conversation for us. I used to constantly listen to the radio or talk on the phone while driving before Walker, but these days he is just too much fun to talk to...and since we're confined to a small space, I figure it's best to invest some good quality talk time! We're pretty much engaged the entire time.
I guess this is all for now...I know I'll have a Christmas update in the next few days. I hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and that you take time to reflect on the gift of the first Christmas and all Christmases to come. Our God is so good...
Merry Christmas to all...and to all, a GOOD NIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment