I snuck up behind him and caught this on video today. He just started this Friday night and we didn't see him do it that night. He was in the kitchen with Cliff cooking and I had walked into the bedroom. I came back in and he was standing in his highchair. Cliff swore he didn't put him there...and I secretly didn't believe him. (even though I know he'd never lie to me...) Well, the proof, is in the pudding...er, I mean climbing. :)
It's been a great weekend! Strep throat can't knock us down!! I took Friday off to take Walker to the doc and I'm glad I did...we got some antibiotics, found out it was "more than just a cold..." and I got to spend lots of quality snuggle time together. Friday mainly consisted of laying around and watching TV. Friday night bedtime was a struggle, so we just let him get up. He wound up wearing himself out, which is what we hoped for. He and Cliff played football (boogawl) and tackled each other into exhaustion. We're not sure why he can say "ball" perfectly until he tries to combine it with basket or foot. :)
Saturday was a great day too! Walker and I played the morning away while Cliff played it away too...just on a golf course with Shawn and a friend from Cliff's school. Then Walker took a nap, slept 3 hours and while he was asleep, I left to go on girl's night. I met some friends (Jen, Ash and Kim) at Perimeter for what turned out to be a wonderfully fun evening...as always is the case when we're together. We've been getting together alot more lately. It's been great. For the past year or so, three of us have had babies to work around...but now they are all getting old enough to where their world won't flip over if their schedules are altered a bit and it's worked out wonderfully in our favor. :) This time though, the kids stayed home! We ate Cheesecake Factory and then shopped, etc. It was a great time!
While I was gone, Cliff and Walker were having a good ole time at home. Walker woke up about an hour after I left, ate the Happy Meal Cliff brought him for lunch and then they played in the playroom. Then, during Gabba, Walker fell asleep...he never does this. So, back to his bed he went...and Daddy got a nap. Then they did some more playing, went to Walmart and bought stuff they wouldn't have bought if Mommy had been with him (ANOTHER ball joins our family) and then came home for dinner and more play. Walker was bathed and in bed without a peep by 8:30. Much different than how things have been around here the past couple nights...of course, things are ALWAYS easy when Dad's in charge!
As luck would have it, Walker woke up shortly after I arrived home...right near midnight and joined us in our bed where he slept the rest of the night.
Today has been a great day! (also). I woke up feeling great and refreshed. I was so tired last night I just knew today was going to be miserable, but it wasn't. Walker didn't so much as frown when I dropped him off at Sunday School and I later found out that when I closed the door, he said "Bye Mama." :) I peeked in on him b/w Sunday School and worship and he was playing away. Cynthia mouthed through the window "there's nothing wrong with this child" because I had asked her to let me know how he acted since he'd been sick... When I picked him up from after worship, there was a note in his bag from Mrs. Cynthia. (yes, Cynthia...I'm actually posting about this...but you know you made my day!) It said:
Walker has been...
overzealous
talkative (very much so)
outgoing
interactive
friendly
happy :)
NOT crying!!!
Yay! We went to Lillie's birthday party this afternoon. (She's Mrs. Cynthia's daughter). Walker had a great time playing on Lillie's BIG playground set. He went down the slide a few times and even wanted Mrs. Cynthia to take him to it instead of Mommy.
She told me that today he was just not Walker in Sunday School...meaning he didn't act like they Walker they've been seeing. I was just happy she finally saw a little bit of OUR Walker. :) I also found out, he scaled the changing table and she turned around and he was standing on top of it. Ok, he could have toned down the "our Walker" just a tad and I still would have been happy! :)
When it was time to go home, Walker resisted my attempt to take him from Mrs. Cynthia. He wasn't happy about leaving...but we promised he could come back and play. I even told him Mrs. Cynthia would be HAPPY to let him spend the night sometimes!! Ha ha ha.
As far as what he's up to on a daily basis right now...he's still hiding from us every attempt he gets. It's a super fun game to him, apparently. :) He's also revisiting the grabbing of illegal objects and running from us. He did this a while back, shortly after he learned to walk it seems. But now, he can reach objects MUCH higher...and therefore the game becomes fun again.
I lost him the other day and found him behind the kitchen table sucking mayo out of the Dukes squirt tube. Ewww....it makes me want to toss my cookies just thinking about it!
I am not posting any pics tonight b/c it took forever to get a short video to upload. I'll try to post pics later in the week and also another really cute video of Cliff and Walker playing football/tackle that I've been TRYING to upload the past few days.
1 comment:
He is a little monkey clinmbing the high chair... I laughed out loud watching it. He is SO cute! Glad the fmaily is feeling better.
Post a Comment