Here he is reminding us that it's time to thank Jesus. We literally hadn't even sat down yet...his plate was cooling on the table and Cliff was fixing our drinks. He started saying some unidentifiable words and when I looked at him, he had his hands folded. So cute. We can actually get through about a two-three liner these days. In the beginning it was just "Thank you Jesus for our food. Amen." (which, by the way...is beautiful to God's ears) We've prayed with Walker since he was just a few weeks old. It's been very important to us...I've always said that instilling prayer and a deep commitment to faith in a child extremely early is just as important as instilling good nutritional habits.
Just a few other random things, because I don't have a lot of time...
Walker is very into helping us these days. He loves to be in the laundry room with me. I lay the clothes on the dryer door and he shoves them in. About 15 times I say "not yet..." when he tries to close the door and USUALLY, he will wait until I say "ok! close the door!" Sometimes, he will reach into the massive pile of dirty laundry right behind him and through something into the dryer that doesn't go. Usually I catch it, but sometimes I find a surprise when I am folding & hanging.
The other day I was unloading the dishwasher was he was up and moving. Normally this is reserved for when he's trapped in his high chair or asleep. But this day we were trying to get things done early for some reason I can't remember now. I removed the silverware tray which is the real reason I don't do it when he's around and he started taking out pots, pans, tupperware and plates from the bottom shelf. He put the pots, pans and tupperware all where they went...no exceptions and then handed me the plates. Amazing. He's so smart!!
The other day I was unloading the dishwasher was he was up and moving. Normally this is reserved for when he's trapped in his high chair or asleep. But this day we were trying to get things done early for some reason I can't remember now. I removed the silverware tray which is the real reason I don't do it when he's around and he started taking out pots, pans, tupperware and plates from the bottom shelf. He put the pots, pans and tupperware all where they went...no exceptions and then handed me the plates. Amazing. He's so smart!!
Sometimes, his willingness to help can be a little annoying. One day I was trying to organize his play clothes from his nice clothes. I was pulling things out of the closet and putting them in his drawers...specific drawers. Well, he starts pulling things out too and putting them in drawers. Of course, it wasn't the things I wanted to be pulled out but I had to let him experiment and learn. I fixed it later when he wasn't looking. :)
He loves identifying body parts. He can say several and locate even more. He's obsessed with eyes. He likes to poke you really hard in the eye and say "EYE!" over and over and over. Did I mention, OVER??
He loves identifying body parts. He can say several and locate even more. He's obsessed with eyes. He likes to poke you really hard in the eye and say "EYE!" over and over and over. Did I mention, OVER??
We are smack in the middle of a huge challenge in our home. No one can prepare you for what a struggle and battle discipling a toddler is. They can be the sweetest thing one minute and the next minute you swear they've been possessed by very devilish monsters. :) Walker is still very much about trying our limits. All the stuff I read says "they want to see how mommy and daddy will react each time and if it's the same...consistency is the key..." I DO believe that, but how come I don't see it making him stop doing the things he's doing??? :) Boys will be boys...
Currently, our biggest battle is him getting behind the gate. We only have one area gated off in our house and it's around the computer desk & trash can. There's just nothing back there that's good for him. So, of course, he's back there everytime we turn out backs. Popping him on the hand results in laughter and shrieking. Who knew one could make so much noise and at such a high pitch???
He's been running and intentionally landing on his knees lately. I had no clue what he was doing until yesterday when Judy said he'd spent half the day doing it and that he's learned it from Sid the Science Kid. She also told me that he copies many things that Sid does throughout the day and warned me that Sid can sometimes be a trouble maker. :)
He's been running and intentionally landing on his knees lately. I had no clue what he was doing until yesterday when Judy said he'd spent half the day doing it and that he's learned it from Sid the Science Kid. She also told me that he copies many things that Sid does throughout the day and warned me that Sid can sometimes be a trouble maker. :)
I am going out tonight with some girlfriends from church. We're going to dinner and a movie and I am thrilled. I cannot wait. I even shaved my legs! Not that anyone will see them, but it was motivation, nonetheless. :)
Cliff & Walker are having some daddy/son time which includes dinner at Papa and Grammies. I know they are both looking forward to that.
One final thing...just a reminder of God's faithfulness. My cousins, Ken & Michelle are pregnant. What's the big deal? Glad you asked. Michelle & Ken struggled to get pregnant for a long time. After experiencing many different types of doctor visits, treatments, etc with minimal results the two decided together that it was time to "let go, and let God." Essentially they knew that God had every bit of power that He needed to allow His will for their lives to unfold in the perfect way He has planned. In almost an instant, coming off all medication, Michelle became pregnant. What a testimony of trust! However, God wasn't finished with their story yet. They miscarried their precious gift from God a few weeks after finding out they were pregnant. God knew that Ken & Michelle were built for much more and wanted to use them in a powerful way to be able to minister and reach out to others who will go through similar situations later in life. They clung to their faith and believe fully that God had a plan for them and were absolutely willing to follow Him in that plan no matter where it led them. They are once again pregnant and overjoyed. They never doubted God's faithfulness and as God always does, He is continuing to prove to all of us just how faithful and loving he is. What an awesome God we serve! Even if you do not know Ken & Michelle, please be in prayer for them as they endure this journey and as God prepares them to be caretakers here on Earth to one of his precious babies. He couldn't have picked a better couple!
God is good! But...as I've said before...even when things don't always turn out with happy endings, God is still good. He always will be. He is the God of no mistakes and He is always right on time.
3 comments:
Jamie discovered "eye" this week and luckily, has only poked my eyelid... but I don't trust her. She discovered noses about a month ago but won't point to her own to save her life, but she will point to ehr own eye and hair (so there is hope). And oh goodness... the little helper - Jamie does the same thing, take it out of where it belongs any into something it doesn't - but it is so cute though, isn't it!!!
Sounds like you have a good little helper! He's too cute with saying his blessing. I really enjoy reading your blog. Miss you!
Hi Nicole! I've been meaning to send you a quick note to say that your comments on my blog were so kind. I know you've been down a similar road, so you "get it!" I have to admit that I sneakily hop over from Jenny's blog to yours sometimes and I know your story too. I had hope that God would bless us with a child just as He did with you & Jenny after your miscarriages. And He did! I'm so excited for your cousin too. Nothing is impossible with God on your side! Take care.
Post a Comment