I doubt this is news to anyone, but I do figure I should blog about it so that Walker isn't the only one of our children that gets publicity. Yes, I said CHILDREN...we are expecting in March!
We found out our last night in Orlando with the Lesniaks...in fact, I was with Jenny...not Cliff...when I took the test. Cliff & Ryan were hanging out in the livingroom and he gave me the ok to go ahead and test...so we scrambled into Jenny's bathroom. (I think he knew this would be lots of fun for me!) :)
The line turned pink not long after the obligatory duties were performed...and I don't remember this, but Jen says I went "Oh.My.Gosh." Ha ha ha ha. I am sure I did because that's exactly what I was feeling!!
Anyway, like my pregnancy with Walker, this pregnancy has not been without it's drama and complications. We have a healthy baby and strong heartbeat that we've had confirmed over ultrasound and we are really thankful for that! However, at that same appointment the doctor informed us that I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. I will try with humble words to explain it the best way I know how...basically I have a bleed near my placenta. Mine is apparently small and my doc stressed about 3 times that she wasn't concerned AT ALL. (emphasis hers). I did ask her if there were any potential threats and she said that very rarely, some women do go on to miscarry, but that she wasn't concerned about my bleed. I think the threat there is if the bleed expands and seperates the placenta from the uterine wall. Of course I went home and looked it up online. I found a few scary stories, but most of what I read on babycenter and some other websites were in line with what she said. I am thankful I haven't had any "outside" bleeding because I am pretty sure that would just send me into a spiral or worry, and right now I think the puking and heartburn is more than enough to keep me occupied!!
Amongst all this, I found out that a friend of mine from church who is about 20 weeks along now had this exact same condition in her first trimester and everything is wonderfully fine. So, that was very encouraging for me to hear and I am thankful that God provides things like that for us...
Anyway, we spread the news to our family almost immediately and to a few friends right after that. We were going to wait until after an ultrasound confirmation before we told others, but Walker decided to tell his Sunday School teachers at church (which was incredibly cute) and then the word was out! We were fine with it though...it was going to be our last Sunday at Mansfield and we are happy we got to share our news with a group of people who are so dear to us, before we left.
It feels like I've been pregnant forever this go round, but I am still very early...only 7 weeks along. I go back on Monday the 9th for another ultrasound to monitor my hemorrhage, so keep us in your prayers for that!
I'll do my best to update on this pregnancy like I did with Walker...mostly for my sister in law, Crystal, who just moved to New Orleans right after we found out and asked me if I planned to update so she could stay on top of things more easily! But, I am feeling a little blog lazy and with work starting back up soon, who knows...
6 comments:
Congratulations!!! I'll be praying for you and baby #2. I'm sorry you're having heartburn...that really takes the fun out of things, too.
Congrats Cole! So happy for y'all!
CONGRATS!!! Both of our kids will be really close in age! :-)
I had a SH with Jamie and my body reabsorbed it by 20 weeks I think. It looked to be about the size of a quarter on the screen. My doc said they are pretty common and nothing to worry about unless they stay around too long, so to not even worry unless it was still REALLY large at 20 weeks.
With this pregnancy, I had a vanishing twin that was reabsorbed... I just can't seem to have a pregnancy where I get a normal ultrasound picture.
Congrats to you guys...wonderful news! And March is such a great month to have a baby as far as the school year goes too! :)
Yes. You must blog and blog often for me!!! :)
SO I'm behind :)
I had the SAME kind of hemorrhage with this pregnancy. I was sent to the ER at 6 weeks because I was bleeding. The hemorrhage was GONE at 10 weeks! I've heard from lots of other friends who have had the same thing with no complications. It made it less "scary" when I heard other stories. Keep me posted :)
Post a Comment